BY: TIFFANY NEMAN | DECEMBER 8, 2013
As you all know, finals week begins tomorrow, and in an effort to help you navigate your way through this trying time, SUA has decided to center today’s blog post on hidden UCLA resources.
Stressed About finals? The UCLA Library can help!
Continuing a successful program begun last year, the two largest UCLA libraries will be open twenty-four hours a day during tenth week and finals of the fall quarter:
- Powell Library Building: Open around the clock from Monday, December 2, at 7:30 a.m. to Friday, December 13, at 5 p.m.
- Charles E. Young Research Library: Open around the clock from Monday, December 2, at 7:30 a.m. to Friday, December 13, at 5 p.m.
The circulation desks will be open in both buildings during the extended hours, and bookstacks will remain accessible. Reference assistance will be available online. A BruinCard will be required to access these buildings between 7pm and 7:30pm on these days.
English Reading Room
- Jigsaw puzzles, origami, snacks: Monday-Wednesday, December 9-11, 10am – 5pm Humanities 250
- Collages: December 2-13, Reading Room
- Frisbees: December 2-13, Check-out from Circulation Desk
- Mini-Concerts: December 2-13, Powell Rotunda, Research Library Foyer, Music Library
- Healthy snacks: December 2-13, Circulation Desk
Powell Library Building
- Drop-in Counseling and Biofeedback provided by UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services: Times and dates are being finalized.
- Guided Meditation: Wednesdays, 12:30 - 1 p.m. East Rotunda
- Coloring books/craft supplies: December 2-13, Night Powell and East Rotunda
- Origami: December 2-13, Night Powell and East Rotunda
- Coffee and Fruit: December 2-12, Midnight, West Rotunda
- Science and Engineering Library/Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Collection
- Origami: December 2-13, Research Commons
For more information about UCLA stress busters, click here.